Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mysearchresults.com

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smurf197

smurf197

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

In the last few days, a new tab with a supposed search engine has popped up in google chrome, it is called "mysearchresults.com" as far as I can tell from doing some research, it is some sort of virus/malware that tracks, hijacks, something along those lines. The computer is still working well, but I have so far tried numerous things without any help. Malwarebyte seems to stop the tab from running so that now a tab still opens up "search.startnow.com" but at least it's blocked from running the site. I also ran spybot, superantispyware, a registry cleaner, I tried doing these in safemode as well. I also tried a system restore to about 1 month ago, but nothing seems to make a difference. It does not show up under programs to uninstall or under search engine settings in google chrome, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled chrome. I have Windows 7.

any advice would be great, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Start with reinstalling Chrome...

• Go to Start > All Programs > Google Chrome > Uninstall Google Chrome.
  • Delete your user profile information, like your browser preferences, bookmarks, and history, by selecting the "Also delete browser data" checkbox.
  • Select the default browser you'd like to use.
  • Click OK in the confirmation prompt.
Install fresh copy.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users