Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Autorun/play not responding

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Braindust

Braindust

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

Hi.

I cannot get Autorun to work. I try to install my new AV/Security disk and get the same message 'Autorun is not responding'. In control panel, have selected 'Software and games to run'. Have checked Shell Hardware Detection, all settings are correct. Have tried Autofix but then get the message 'Microsoft Autoplay Repair Wizard has stopped working - a problem caused the program to stop working correctly'.

Checked the registry .. Autorun is correct value, tried to find 'NoDriveTypeAutorun', or 'NoDriveAutorun' could only find 'NoDrives' .. renamed it to both said earlier.. tried disk - no luck! So re-named back..just in case. Correct value in place.

Have tried running Autorun as admin - no luck! Have checked all drives - all devices working properly.

At a loss! Would appreciate some advice on this, please. Just don't know what else to try.. tried everything I could think of so I didn't have to come here and bother you again.

Vista basic SP2 32bit.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Braindust

Braindust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

By the way.. is it normal to find something called 'mircrosoft' in your registry? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE won't say the rest, for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users