Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

issue with new build

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jbird951

jbird951

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

Built a PC for my boss a few months ago, it was working for about a month then it started to act up. Here's the specs and what it's doing:

AMD Sempron CPU
Asrock MB
2 gigs DDR3
Corsair 64gb SSD

sorry I don't have the list in front of me to get the exact model numbers of things. Any ways, Windows XP will semi freeze up, the mouse cursor still moves around but nothing responds, not even C+A+D. About 50% of the time when I reboot I get an insert boot device message during the BIOS. Prior to the message I though it was maybe the memory. I've ran Spinrite on the SSD and it came back with no errors. Temps in the BIOS look fine. At this point I'm assuming it's the Motherboard and can't think of anything else. But possibly someone here had another idea for something I can do to test further?

Edited by jbird951, 21 September 2012 - 12:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hello jbird951

Check for a firmware update for the SSD. If it has a Sandforce controller with older firmware that could cause the problem,

About 50% of the time when I reboot I get an insert boot device message during the BIOS

quoted here. A Model on the SSD would be helpful. You might also want to look at users reviews of that model.

If that doesn't help, Back things up while you can just in case.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 jbird951

jbird951
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Thanks I'll look into the SSD firmware, the model's either CSSD-F60GB2-BRKT-A or CSSD-F60GB3A-BK I don't remember off the top of my head. If there's a firmware I'll back up and try that thanks for the suggestion.

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary quote, sucks up bandwidth, adds nothing to topic flow - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 21 September 2012 - 03:57 PM.
Removed quote portion - Hamluis.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hope it helps

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users