Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mac mini- A1176 to HDTV

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

I have a friend who is loosing their eyesight and is trying to connect his mac mini- A1176 to his HDTV. He has accomplished this, but he can't get the picture to be full screen size. He has tried all of the aspect ratios available through the TV and what he can find on the mac. I ran across an article which suggests that there is a check box in the Display Control Panel which is titled "show displays in menu bar". Is anyone familiar with this, and will this option enable the full screen size?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.Posted Image

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

I experimented once connecting G4 to HDTV. I had to force mac to run at tv's native resolution. What helped me through that was a program called SwitchResX.
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/8355/switchresx

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

Thank you caperdog, I'll send this to my friend and see if it helps.

Just for the record, I suggested that this person copy and paste their email in Windows Office Word where they can change the font size larger enough that they can read it. It's a temporary fix, but it works.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users