Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Features!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Professional

Professional

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:06 PM

Hey!
I was invited to Windows Messenger Live BETA by a friend and I download it and installed it and found that it was much better than MSN Messenger with better User Interface and features, aftewr installing Windows Live Messenger I signed up for Windows Live Mail BETA that provides 2GB Space! While I signed up for that I came across Windows Live Security Center BETA and Windows Live OneCare BETA, they both are Anti-Viruses and Anti-Hacking programs and seems promising I just wanted to know what you guys think would it collide with my other anti-applications?

Windows Live™ Messenger beta

Windows Live™ Mail beta

Windows® Live™ OneCare™ beta

Windows Live™ Safety Center beta

Other Windows Live BETA Applications
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:15 PM

These may not collide with other applications, but since these are BETA releases, they may (since it is MS, change that to will) have bugs and glitches, and they may interfere with other versions.
You can certainly play with them, since you are testing them (that is, after all, what a BETA release is for), but do not rely on any of these releases to supplant proven applications, especially in "mission-critical" areas like your computer's security.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 16 March 2006 - 11:17 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Professional

Professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 05:35 AM

Ok Thanks JGWeed,
Since it's Microsoft like you said I will let it go, but waiting for the original versions to come out. I wont install the security appz but will hold on to the Messenger Service!
Posted Image

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:17 AM

Moved this topic into a more appropriate forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users