Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP G6 display adapters drivers for windows vista 64 bit

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kufranji

Kufranji

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

Hi guys ,
I am not professional in IT, but I can manage myself by following each step that you will recommend me to do to get this driver installed on my laptop.

My laptop is HP Pavilion G6 1250ee , I used to have windows 7 home premium 64 bit on it , but I installed windows vista ultimate 64 bit service pack 1 , which I will use it for a while and wont update it to service pack 2 in this period .
When I installed vista, I had three problems with three drivers ; Standard VGA graphics adapter driver, BCM20702A0 driver and AMD Radeon HD 6470M driver.
I tried to install the windows 7 drivers on my laptop that are on HP website, but it didn’t work properly and I didn’t get any result from that . Then I start searching online through Google, but I couldn’t find what I want. Then someone recommended to me to get DriverMax software , which gave me a good result for solving the problem of BCM20702A0 driver by finding (Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter version 12.0.0.0050) , but it couldn’t get me the AMD Radeon HD 6470M driver, but it got me another driver call AMD Radeon HD 6400M serious version 8.982.0.0000 that I could install on my Laptop so the Standard VGA graphics adapter problem ended by replacing it with this new driver, but after I restart the laptop for couple of times it give me error code 43 . This is the only driver that I could find by this software, after searching online for AMD Radeon HD 6470M driver that work on windows vista for almost a week.
How can let this driver work properly on my laptop? Is there is any other drivers that can work properly on windows vista. Now Intel ® HD Graphics family is the only display adapter that work.

Someone said to me maybe this problem happen with this driver because “It is because your laptop has 2 video cards to save power”.
If this is the case, what can I do to make this driver work properly? If not, can you please guys help me with this problem, because I really reach the point that I can’t know what to do! Even I tried to chat with HP customer care people but couldn’t get me a good result to find drivers for vista, claiming that the HP website only have windows 7 drivers!
Please see the pictures attached in this post to let you have a clear image about what’s I am going through.

Thank you in advance.
Yazan

Attached Files

Edited by Kufranji, 21 September 2012 - 02:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

Reason why AMD catalyst mobility doesnt work is you have switchable graphics.

Uninstall your AMD graphics driver

Try this

http://www2.ati.com/DriVeRs/mobile/12-1_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe

and see if it works

Edited by narenxp, 21 September 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#3 Kufranji

Kufranji
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

I did what you told me ,but it didnt work after u reboot the laptop . Then i tried to uninstall the Intel ® HD Graphic Family , then it showed 2 Standard VGA Graphics adapters , one of them not working . After that I installed the Amd driver, it didnít work . I just donít what to do in this case . I wish just to find a way to let the Amd working on vista . please look at the picture

I just dont know what to do ! I am pulling my hair

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users