Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Numerous Drivers Not Working After Clean Install

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MrMiyagi299

MrMiyagi299

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Hello. I recently did a clean install on my existing laptop with a new hard drive. I used the recovery discs that were provided to me when I purchased the computer - refurbished through Best Buy, I believe. The problem is, when the installation process was completed, numerous drivers were not working.

My system is an Asus U81A (MB Version: U80A) with Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit. Now, two concerns I have are this: when I was installing windows I was never prompted for my "2 of 2" recovery disc, and when prompted for the driver disc (disc 2 of 2 didn't work here) I inserted the Driver Utility Disc that came with my purchase - after this completed I saw the disc said, "for Vista 32-bit only."

The hardware and drivers I am having problems with are my webcam, my mouse touchpad, my video card, my network card, and my wireless card. I have uninstalled/removed the drivers and reinstalled using the drivers provided on the ASUS website for 64-bit Vista. I have also tried drivers from the manufacturer's websites (Intel, etc.). After every attempt I see the following message in device manager: "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error...Windows cannot load the device driver (CODE 39)."

The computer has SP1 and the latest BIOS.

I am not incredibly knowledgeable on this, and I am completely stumped. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

Can you boot to your Windows Vista OS by now? Right-click My Computer and check Properties - System type (32 or 64 bit) and exact OS installed.

Tekken

#3 MrMiyagi299

MrMiyagi299
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

Yes. Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit. Now, what is odd is that here it shows U80V, as my model. The computer has U81A in two separate places on the underside. And in "system information" it shows U80A.

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

Which drivers did you download

U81A

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=U81A&p=3&s=194

OR

U80A

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=U80A&p=3&s=189

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Try entering the product serial number here : http://support.asus.com/Download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1
You can use a working computer.

Tekken

#6 MrMiyagi299

MrMiyagi299
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

Problem solved. I did not see the other responses as I was on the bottom of the page when I was refreshing - sorry for not responding. I forgot that I had created backup discs with my first hard drive. I started over using these discs and everything works fine. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users