Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Must Be Infected

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JBrack78

JBrack78

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:50 PM

My problem is that I get this system warning that says my computer is infected with spyware managing pop-up advertisements (OHPE ver4.12_23). Click the icon to learn more on what you can do about pop-up windows and other unwanted software. If I click this it takes me to the pest trap website, I read that the pest trap is a rogue spyware program that actually adds more spyware to the system. I have tried Trend Micro, Spyware Doctor, Spyware Killer, Spyware Blaster, Xoftspy, Spybot S & D, AVG Free Edition.

When I run AVG I keep getting viruses found. I have tried moving them to the vault, and they keep coming back.

When I run Trend Micro, Viruses are found, I try to move them to the blacklist, and deleting them, and they keep coming back as other viruses.

If anyone can help me figure this out, please reply

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElvenLegion

ElvenLegion

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:58 AM

I would suggest using NOD32, its really good, and not as well known as those others. Try that it has solved other peoples problems aswell.

Greetingz,
Elven.

#3 JBrack78

JBrack78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:00 AM

Now I am getting several Internet explorer popups, they say they are in my temp files, i have cleaned my temp files 10 times tonight already.

I do not know what to do now.

I ran CCleaner once
I have ran Spybot S&D 3 times tonight
I ran the Trend Micro Antispy all night
I ran the AVG Free Edition a few times

When the virus pops up it, I tell it to heal, it heals it but the same trojan horse keeps coming back.
Im at wits end, please help!

Thx

#4 ElvenLegion

ElvenLegion

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:31 PM

You should run a fresh HJT log and submit it to our great volunteer team of experts. The instructions for posting can be found here, and you should carefully follow the directions given:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

They will work with him to solve the problem.

Greetz,
elven.
:thumbsup:

Edited by ElvenLegion, 17 March 2006 - 12:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users