Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SOPAPS

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pepm01

pepm01

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Has anyone seen this? It calls itself the Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System. It looks like something from the govt. and says that unless you send them $200 in a short amount of time that the ip address will be locked and blacklisted. You can't do anything else. MBAM in safe mode finds nothing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,536 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

News to me and I don't see it referenced by Google yet, with my search parameters. Do you have a link?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:39 AM

MBAM in safe mode finds nothing << MBAM in safe mode only produces a basic log and will not find many infections usually -

This seems to be just something made up by an "unknown" soul and reposted on 3 sites without any details anywhere -

#4 Ryanzirra

Ryanzirra

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

Just has a customer with fbi money pak on her computer that left a warning doc with this in it and encrypted her files with .block extension. Tried the aes unencrypt thing from another post that did not work.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

@ Ryanzirra -
Do you wish for help with this proplem as our experts can now remove this (you can keep records) -

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== do steps 6-9

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Thank You -

#6 Ryanzirra

Ryanzirra

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

No infection is removed problem is her files were encrypted with a .block extension and the aes thing does not remove the encryption.

#7 Tony Hunt

Tony Hunt

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

I am interested in this as well, I have an instance whereby we need to decrypt a number of files after cleaning that package off a machine.

#8 mn21111

mn21111

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

To decrypt .block files:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic446111.html/page__st__165

Scroll about halfway down this page and see my post, as well as Fabian Wosar's, they have two different files you can use to try to decrypt your files. You will need to locate Initia1Log.txt.block and ok.txt.block on your pc, since they contain the encryption key/validator generated by the server when your files were encrypted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users