Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How much of an impact does the GPU have on the Studio15 Ult. program?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bozobytes2

bozobytes2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

How much of an impact does the GPU have on the Studio15 Ult. program?

I was going to post this in the Windows7 Forum, but because this might be a GPU hardware issue, I am parking it here.

Video card (MAYBE) causing issues with Studio15 and other programs. I have been experiencing lots of issues with my Studio15 Ultimate, and thought it was the program. Every time I would be in the EDIT MOVIE mode, I would add a simple transition, and the screen would turn white ("GHOSTING"), and then I would get the ("NON-RESPONDING") message all the time.

So I uninstalled Pinnacle S15, until I know what's causing these issues. These happen online and offline.

Then I thought it maybe the Win7, then the CPU, and then I was talking with MSI, the maker of my P-35 MS-7345 Platinum Motherboard, Socket 775, and they told me it was most likely the GPU. he hears the same thing with the MSI GPU's.
My self-build is about 4 and a half years old, same as the GPU, and when I originally bought it, I was using a 32 Bit Win XP, but now I use WIN7 (64) and have updates on my GPU all the time.

Windows7 PRO 64 (SP1)
8GB DDR2
MSI PLATINUM P-35 (MS-7345)
700w Thermaltake PSU
Nvidia GeForce 8600GT Pci-e GPU
American Megatrends Inc. v.1.10 / 11/10/08 / Current Bios version - 1.A0 / Online v. 1.C0 / VGA Bios v. 60.84.41.00.06 / Installed Physical memory -8GB DDR2 / Available Physical memory -6.12GB / DirectX 11

I performed a VIDEO CARD STABILITY TEST v. 1.0.0.3. I ran this utility and the benchmark for my Graphic card, after 9 hours of testing came back a 95.

Has anyone else experienced these issues with their GPU, while working in S15, and what was your problem? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

I have Pinnacle Studio HD 15...never had any problems with it or earlier versions of Pinnacle/Avid software.

Not clear from your post...but if symptoms arise when doing something other than using Pinnacle...it's not the software.

In regards to your question...the video requirements for Pinnacle or any other video-editing software (I also use Corel/Ulead Studio 12) are minimal...I use onboard video and the video requirements for the software are minimal, IMO. The state of your hard drive probably has more to do with any glitches than anything I've experienced while capturing/editing/rendering.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/pd/Pinnacle-Studio-HD-Ultimate-v15/productID.228343400

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users