2. restart and got into windows again but before long I got another BSOD. I didn't get write it down before it restarted. All I remember was that it didn't cite a particular program/file but did offer a memory address.
3. During this restart I boot safe mode (xp) with networking but it restarts again.
4. resart it several more times each time having it crash at various points
5. the last thing I tried was booting to a CD (memtest 86) but it crash right away
6. Didn't seem to crash while in bios
I'm running windows xp SP3(32 bit?)
Gigabyte K8Triton nForsce SLI
AMD 3500 64bit
Nvidia Gforce 7800
2GB RAM Corsair XMS 2x1GB
windows install on a 150GB Western Digital HD
also a 300GB Hitachi HD
I had a similar problem previously: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic454226.html/page__p__2704867__fromsearch__1#entry2704867
Me and Acryptodan got my PC to a point where it was working well but cryptodan stopped correspondence before we totally wrapped things up.
This time it seems more severe because I cannot get it to windows safe mode. (hardware issue?)
Thanks so much in advance for your assistance.
Edited by asparagus, 20 September 2012 - 02:33 PM.