Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying the barebones of a pc

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lokust

lokust

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hi im new to the forums and im looking for as much advice as i can get. Im was trained in programming and to some extent hardware is a known to me but the current technologies are way beyond my grasp without weeks of research.

Im building myself a pc for general gaming and watching hd tv programs through my widescreen tv, at my laptop is suffering the strain of my needs.

The first thing to point out is my lack of knowledge of trustworthy places to buy stuff, i dont trust myself to use ebay for this so im using a company called novatech to search out a package which i can then search for individual componants elsewhere on sites like amazon.

here is the bundle: £304
amd bulldozer fx-8 eight core 8120
novatech case
gigabyte ga-970a-ds3 amd 970 motherboard
2 * 4gb dd3
750w power supply.

now i think the above will serve my needs in the years to come but my budget is 400 until the end of the month and I will certainly need to buy a graphics card to accompany it.
the link you can find the bundle on is
http://www.novatech.co.uk/barebonebundles/
the graphics card page:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/atiradeongraphicscards/

Now im not so much worried about the price because it seems reasonable for the setup, i have no hdd or disc drive or peripheral needs so right now i need a barebones setup and a graphics card, but the graphics cards seem to be either insanley cheap or insanley expensive and Im not sure what to even think about it but i can afford around £70 (have to take into account tax and postage).

So if the above is a decent reliable setup I might just order it from there, if you tell me i can get the components cheaper seperatly ill find them and do it that way and if you tell me that I should wait until i can buy a better graphics card ill do that, i just need any advice you can offer.

thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 21 September 2012 - 09:47 AM.
Moved from Buying New to System Building - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users