Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2003 server Terminal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DKLordCyber

DKLordCyber

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

Hey

I have just taken over the network of a shcool, were the are running a normal scope.

They have only set up for 200 ip adresses, and i want to change to a Superscope. Is there any way, i can do it with out shutting down the server. I meen, can i edit the old "normal" to a Superscope insted, so i can send out more ip's? =)

/DKLordCyber

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:11 AM

If your asking can you adjust the DHCP settings without shutting down the server the answer is yes. You will have to forcibly end allnof the DHCP leases for the changes to take effect. Also rather than trying to setup a supserscope why not just adjust to the class B private address scheme so you have a few thousand IP addresses to work with????
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users