Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor lines

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 goooner

goooner

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

Morning, I was wondering if someone could help me.
I'm having trouble with a couple of monitors. When going full screen mode there appears white lines at the top of the monitor. Sometimes black lines also appear in the center of the screen. They stay and flash for a while and then disappear again. I think its a graphic card setting problem, as I've had the same problem with 2 different monitors (LG and Samsung). The monitors are connected to the DVI port on the on board graphic card. 24 inch Flat screen Monitor (Samsung B2430) newest driver. AMD Radeon HD 6530D graphic card with the newest driver.
Here are the control center setting which I think could be relevant:
res: 1920x1080 60 Hz
GPU scaling enabled
DVI settings: 'Reduce DVI frequency on high resolution displays' not ticked
'Alternate DVI operational mode' not ticked
LCD overdrive enabled 'low'

I've played with these settings but the lines come back after a few days.
Some suggestions would be much appreciated.
Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

Can you lower the resolution and check the difference? Do you have VGA port and cable to switch to another signal display also?

Tekken

#3 goooner

goooner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

Can you lower the resolution and check the difference? Do you have VGA port and cable to switch to another signal display also?

Yes I have a VGA port. Unfortunately no HDMI on the monitor. Having a HD monitor using a VGA port does not make much sense though. I can try with the VGA port though.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

Auto adjust settings for the monitor...? http://skp.samsungcsportal.com/integrated/popup/HtgDetailGuide3.jsp?cdsite=my&seq=5418&gubun=I&step_no=1
Try lowering a resolution by one level and try using one monitor first.

Tekken

#5 goooner

goooner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Auto adjust settings for the monitor...? http://skp.samsungcsportal.com/integrated/popup/HtgDetailGuide3.jsp?cdsite=my&seq=5418&gubun=I&step_no=1
Try lowering a resolution by one level and try using one monitor first.

I am using only one monitor at a time. That is why I think it is a graphic driver problem and not a monitor problem. When I press the Auto button on the monitor it says Auto adjustment not possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users