Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are These Files/Registry Entries safe to remove?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AirmanX5

AirmanX5

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

I have a Malware Bytes Log File and even did a housecall scan, MBAM detected 12 cases, Housecall detected 4 (2 of which i already know are what other two i dont know). What I am wondering is if these entries are safe to remove or if there will be consequences of removing the files/registry entries? I know deleting or even changing registry entries can result in a unrecoverable OS.

Ive done Malware removal before but its been like two years since i have done any such procedure. I honestly would like to avoid having to format an OS drive/start fresh.

I have Spyware Blaster Installed as a preventive measure for all browsers (Google Chrome dont have it) I have noscript for FireFox aswell (Not sure if IE or Even Chrome have an equivalent)

The machine is kept up on Windows updates.

Any Help is appreciated

Attached File  mbam-log-2012-09-18 (10-24-10).txt   4.54KB   6 downloads

Attached File  Housecall Scan.jpg   123.23KB   7 downloads

Edited by AirmanX5, 18 September 2012 - 09:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vadodara

vadodara

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:17 AM

This computer threat uses these vulnerabilities to get inside ... attacker on your computer, do not waste time and remove Windows Web Commander. ... Windows Web Commander shows nonexistent or harmless files it ... Attempt to modify Registry key entries detected.

#3 AirmanX5

AirmanX5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:15 AM

Windows Web Commander?

That has never popped up before on this computer, not even once, I did a quick search of it on google and it looks almost like the XP Security center but its faux. Thats not on this machine, just the reported items in the log file and housecall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users