Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Wireless Mouse not working properly!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cap2587

cap2587

• Members
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

I have a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 7000 that I am using. Sometimes the cursor just sticks and won't move properly and I can't figure out why. I am trying to use it about 10-12 feet from the tower where the receiver is plugged in. When I use the mouse about 2 feet from the receiver it works fine. I thought this mouse was suppose to cover a 30 foot distance. I also have the router right next to the mouse's wireless receiver and not sure if the 2.4 GHZ Frequency interferes. I have tried new batteries and downloading updated drivers, but had no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

I have never managed to get the range they say you can get. I believe if you read it carefully you will see they say:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168261051942.4 GHz Wireless Mini Transceiver
Connect in confidence with up to 30-foot range—even in crowded wireless environments.

Note the Up to 30 feet.

One possible solution is to get a USB extension cable and move the receiver closer to where you use the mouse. Or at least put the Mouses receiver in the front of the computer instead of the back where the metal of the case may be shielding it.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 cap2587

cap2587
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

Thanks Roger! You were spot on with your assessment. I moved the Logitech receiver to the front USB port and now it works fine.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Glad to hear that worked.

Reporting back like this helps others that may run across this topic during a search.

Many Thanks for reporting what helped.
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users