Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:45 PM
I am having a strange problem with a computer that I have. I have internet only when a cable is plugged into this device. Using wifi, no matter where, it will say connected. When I try to surf using any of the 4 browsers I have it tells me I'm not connected to the internet. To further complicate this issue, When I have this pc connected via hard wire then disconnect the wire and switch to wifi I can only browse the website that I was on with the wire. I tried this with cnn.com. I loaded cnn.com with the cable connected, disconnected this cable, then started clicking tabs. They all loaded just fine. I even read some of the articles. Here is a list of the things I have tried
1. First thing I did was run a rootkit search using tdsskiller.exe (rootkits can do some amazing things)
2. Reset all of my internet explorer settings to default
3. made sure there wasn't a proxy configured via internet options
4. Released and renewed IP and DNS using auto configure
5. Tried the winsock fix and restarted.
6. Ran Malwarebytes
7. Tried turning off/disabling the wireless and re-enabling it.
8. Uninstalled the most recent microsoft updates
9. Restored my computer using safe mode
10.Restored my computer using factory windows only restore. (Saves all of your files without reformatting)
1. This computer is part of a domain because it is a business computer. But I have the same results even logging in locally as administrator
2. All rootkit/malware scans came back with 0 results.
3. I have windows firewall disabled
Any help would be appreciated.