Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

going from pc to tv

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bobbies

bobbies

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:00 AM

Is there any decent cables to go from PC to TV,that actualy gives a decent picture, without having to buy a converter. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,970 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

The cable required, and whether a converter is necessary, depends entirely on what output connection is provided on the computer and what input(s) are available on the TV. The quality of image will be governed by what quality that type of connection can deliver.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

To be able to help you further what ports are on the TV and the computer. Or What are the make & model of them.

For example I use VGA out to VGA in on my HDTV. Looks good to me since I use the the native resolution of the LCD panel.

On a Older Sony TV I use a DVI to DVI cable.

You can as a general rule use a DVI to HDMI cable too.

These do require looking up the owners manual for the TV to see the supported resolutions and they can vary depending on the Input chosen.

If you have a older SD TV then a Video will look OK, but text may not be very sharp due to SD resolution.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

HDMI, if you're fortunate enough to have such a connection on both PC and TV, works well.

#5 bobbies

bobbies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:33 AM

Thanks everyone.I used to run it before off my old Packard Bell, going from a T V out, to a scart, on the tv. I have now a new Dell, so can i go from VGA, to a scart on the TV,with just a cable, or have to buy a converter,obviously a cable is much cheaper than a converter. as i don't have a HDMI, on the TV.thank you.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

You will need a converter or a newer TV.

Examples:
VGA to TV Video Cable Converter | Cables & Leads
VGA to TV Video Cable Converter. A USB powered converter and cables needed to connect your Computer to your older CRT type TV set. Simular to AverMedia's Key Lite, it allows your PC or Laptop to work with your older SCART ready television. Connects from a VGA Port (15 pin) to a Video input like SCART on your TV

KanaaN PC VGA to TV Composite Video RGB Converter + Scart Adapter + 3.5mm Jack to 2x RCA Phono Audio Cable - No extra delivery charges to UK destinations for items fulfilled by Amazon with Free Super Saver Delivery: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
KanaaN PC VGA to TV Composite Video RGB Converter + Scart Adapter
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users