Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't update .net framework 3.5, Bleepingcomputer.com partially blacks out

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SCCAC Instructor

SCCAC Instructor

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

My connection to the internet is running slower than usual.

I have been unable to update Microsoft .net framework 3.5 SP1 for 2 years. (First time it shows on the update log is Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, Windows Vista SP2, and Windows Server 2008 SP2 for x64-based Systems (KB2416470)

Installation date: ‎10/‎6/‎2010 6:39 AM

Installation status: Successful

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 for x64-based Systems (KB2416473)

Installation date: ‎10/‎6/‎2010 6:40 AM

Installation status: Failed)

Since that time every update has failed.

Now I am seeing random problems - The web site LDS.org worked well, until recently. Now SOME of the links on the site will not open. Your site (bleepingcomputer.com) will suddenly have the top half of the display blacked out as I am reading a post.

I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Charter Cable's F-Secure both installed. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware found one problem and apparently fixed it as it has not showed up on recent scans.

Most sites work with no problem,, e-mail works fine, no problem with Open Office or other programs that I can see.

I wondered if the problem with .net framework not being updated was creating the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users