Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Editing MP3s, Tracks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zombiewhacker

zombiewhacker

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

An MP3 I downloaded from iTunes has some annoying narration playing over the music at the very beginning and end.

Is there any song/music editing software that would allow me to delete the narration track, leaving only the "pure" song?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

Have a look at Audacity.
If it's a separate track, it should be able to remove it.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

zombiewhacker, good morning.

+1 regarding Audacity.

I've used it to clean up multiple MP3's in my collection.

Once you've tweaked the file, you'll need to Export the file (you won't see a Save in the File drop down menu) as an MP3 (or from a slew of other options, i.e. AIFF, MP2, Ogg, etc.) and once you've selected that you'll see an Edit Metadata window where you can tweak all sorts of stuff.

Once you've done that, the file will be exported and then you may have an option to "Save Project As" which saves (I believe) all your workparts.

It's not the easiest program I've ever used but it's free and works well.

Plus, if you do get stuck the FAQ at their site (http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/faq.html) is pretty helpful.

Onward,

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#4 zombiewhacker

zombiewhacker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

Thanks to both.

Anyway, it turns out I needn't have bothered. When I opened the MP3 in Audacity I discovered that the file is in MONO (left and right tracks exactly the same). Editing out narration is therefore not an option. <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users