Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Js.redirector-zk [trj] found on my Mac

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vdotmatrix

vdotmatrix

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

So...My JOOMAL website got hacked. MYHOSTING.com suggetsed I download my entire website and ran antivirus and then re-upload it.

Hey , now I see the above [trj] signature showing up in a txt file on my mac.

Mac mini. 2,7gb I7, 16gbram

Js.redirector-zk [trj] found on my Mac
I ran AGAST and i see these files in red

I am flipping out. I disconnected my internet connecttion to the mac mini and now trying to troubleshoot for solutions.

thanks

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vdotmatrix

vdotmatrix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

softronic_downloader_for_winpatrol.exe
trojan.tdss.7622

ClamXav found this during a scan.

I have a MAC.

I just donet know what to think of this.

found this when I ran Avast:/.Spotlight-V100/Store-V2/DD4834F6-EBCC-4BCA-A5D2-8A02093C4216/Cache/0000/0000/0035/3507335.txt says it is : js.redirector-YK [trj]

I have a MAC.

Are others at risk?

#3 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,784 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:08 AM

Hi vdotmatrix,

does it find the redirector in your website files? Or "only" in the spotlight folder? The spotlight folder is an indexing folder. This means it stores all your files in a big reference, so that it can find them much more quickly when you search for it. Would it be possible for you to attach the detected file to your next reply?
Where was the trojan.tdss.7622 found? Can you name the file?

MAC is not malware free anymore, however the things that are listed here are Windows malware, that can not normally run on a MAC. So it would be important to know if you have, for example, Windows installed on that MAC as well? Are the detections in files from your website? If so, yes you are likely infecting people that come to visit.

regards myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

animinionsmalltext.gif

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users