Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows me issue.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 luke127

luke127

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

Hi guys I am having some trouble with a new second hand hard drive (The whole tower). I plug my lexar USB into one of the slots and it won't allow me to access it. I think the cause is that my USB is formatted in FAT32. I don't think Windows me can read FAT32 only 16 and below. Can anyone give me a program that could allow me to access it without reformatting it?

Thanks.

HOLD ON. Guys my USB is NTFS. That's why! I'll reformat it now.

Also any other ideas on how to make this thing useful? I can't update to XP as I don't have enough money. Yes I know XP is cheap but I just can't afford it as I have next to no money atm.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sarah Gates

Sarah Gates

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

Ya, was about to say FAT16 and FAT32 is both supported in Windows ME ;)

#3 luke127

luke127
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

Any other advice on what to do with it?

#4 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 960 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

The easiest thing to do is find someone with a Vista, WinXP or Win7 computer and copy the files of temporarily. Then format it FAT32 and copy/move them back.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hi guys I am having some trouble with a new second hand hard drive (The whole tower). I plug my lexar USB into one of the slots and it won't allow me to access it. I think the cause is that my USB is formatted in FAT32. I don't think Windows me can read FAT32 only 16 and below.

did it install drivers for the usb device when you first put it in ,
also where do you live i maybe able to help with the winxp issue ,legally of course ,as i do everything that way .

edit ,just noticed where you are from under your name info ,I little far from Canada ,but still maybe able to help

Edited by caperjac, 23 September 2012 - 09:48 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users