Welcome to the Bleeping Computer Forums
. My name is Thomas (Tom is fine), and I will be helping you fixing your problems.
If you do not make a reply in 4-5 days, we will have to close your topic.
Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
- Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.
- If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
- Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself.
- Please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.
- Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just post back here so that we know you're still here.
- Please set your system to show all files.
Click Start, open My Computer, select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading, select Show hidden files and folders.
Uncheck: Hide file extensions for known file types
Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
Click Yes to confirm.
Please try to download this, or download it on another system and transfer it to the infected one with a flash drive.
- Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
- Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Push the Scan button.
- Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
Please download aswMBR
( 511KB ) to your desktop.
- Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
- Click the Scan button to start the scan
- On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.