, and welcome to BC
My name is bloopie
and I'll be helping you with your problems as best I can!
A few things to keep in mind while we are working together:
- If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate it if you let me know.
- Please keep in mind, fixes are not always quick but you can check this topic at least once a day for a reply from me!
- If you are unsure about any of the steps just post what you can and I will guide you!
- Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
- Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.
- If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
If you were indeed infected with ZeroAccess, then I will issue a warning:One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.
This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information
and download and execute files
I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.
Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I ReinstallWe can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards.
If you would like to reformat, but want to backup data first, then I suggest we continue with the fix before you reformat. Let me know what you decide to do.
All that being said, I don't have to tell you that Combofix should only be run under the supervision of a trained helper
and you've see the reasons first hand!
Please tell me when your internet stopped working, was it just after running Combofix?
Also let me know if you see this screen when you are booting your computer (Referring to the Recovery Console option being present): http://www.bleepstatic.com/tutorials/rc/startup.gif