Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My sound doesn't sound good anymore.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 UghWTF

UghWTF

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

I'm not a gamer. I listen to a lot of music and want it to stop sounding like garbage. I am currently & temporarily using the Sound Blaster SB X-FI Go USB card which is better than my on board sound card.

I just bought the Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional Sound Card (This) because it is supposed to be the latest and greatest from Creative but this thing is horrible. Maybe it is just geared more toward gamers. I tried every single setting possible and it only gets worse. It is going back to the store as soon as I feel like unplugging everything again.

These are the speakers I have..
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Bose%26%23174%3B+-+Companion%26%23174%3B+5+Multimedia+Speaker+System+%283-Piece%29/7996403.p?id=1155071062436&skuId=7996403

I've only had them for a couple years. Could they really be blown already even though I rarely ever blast music anywhere near full volume and I don't even blast bass since my dogs hate it. I really can't tell what the problem is or know how to tell. If I go buy cheap speakers to try with my new sound card I don't think it'll help at all.

I just don't know what to do to figure it out! Do I have to keep buying sound cards and trying them and taking them back? Ugh, any advice?

Edited by UghWTF, 16 September 2012 - 10:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Try switching back to the on board audio. If the problem is the speakers the poor quality will remain. If the audio improves it will be the dedicated card at fault.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 UghWTF

UghWTF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

Try switching back to the on board audio. If the problem is the speakers the poor quality will remain. If the audio improves it will be the dedicated card at fault.

Tried this. It still sucks.

So I went out and bought new speakers and the voices do sound better&clearer and less echo-ish or tinnish but still not great. New speakers don't have a sub so there is too much bass which doesn't help but I'm going by the voices. Ugh, I really don't know what my problem is. :blink:

Edited by UghWTF, 16 September 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#4 lti

lti

• Members
  • 594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

Those Bose speakers connect to the computer through USB. Basically, they have a built-in USB sound card. Any add-on sound card will not improve the sound of those speakers.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

Good point. I didn't pursue the links. An old holdover from the days when I was relegated to an average 26.4 Kb/ps dialup.

Good catch.Posted Image

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users