Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intro Payback1017

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Payback1017

Payback1017

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

My name is Payback1017 and I like computers.

I am not much for intros, so I would like to start off by saying my first problem.

Apparently lately, my computer has been having trouble booting properly. It's pretty peculiar.

I use windows XP.

Whenever it tries booting from CD like usual it seems to do one of 2 things.

One it seems to have some sort of save change pop up in the booting prompt regarding said CD.

Two, it goes to some sort of loading screen that when finished ends with. "Non System Disk Error. Press Any Key."

Which I do which doesn't do anything, it just flashes and the same message appears.

Now I found a temporary solution, which was to unplug it after shut down and plug it back in. It resets the Time and Date and aside from that hiccup it boots like normal. However whenever I shut down and boot up again the Non System problem keeps occurring. I have no CDs in my drive, or disks of any kind and I even tried booting from the hard drive as well but the same problem occurs.

Aside from that there is no other problems, that's what weirds me out though. Everything functions A ok when I manage to boot it, but I can't boot it properly without that error.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:23 AM

unplug it after shut down and plug it back in. It resets the Time and Date

Hello Payback. It sounds to me like the CMOS backup battery may have gone flat, and this is affecting the System Clock and the record of the boot sequence. The backup battery is most commonly a button cell like a lithium CR2032. If you're unfamiliar with changing the battery, let us know what type your computer is, brand/model, and we can look up some more detailed info.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users