Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet slows down after reboot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 desiguru1

desiguru1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

i having strange problem every time i turn on my pc or reboot my internet slows down to only 2mbps to make it normal speed which i have 21mbps i got device manager then net working then i uninstall the Intel® Gigabit Ethernet Driver then i click on scan for hardware chances and it install back the driver and net speed works fine i get 21mbps i formated the pc after i think windows updates it slowed down it happens every time i restart or turn on pc can anyone help me plz hers my pc spcs
Windows 7 Home Premium, Cpu Intel i7-3770k
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
SSD OCZ Vertex 4 128GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

reboot my internet slows down to only 2mbps

How did you check the slow speed of 2 Mbps? Have you run speedtest while connection was fully established after fresh boot or reboot on wired? The driver for your motherboard is here -> http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z77V_PRO/#download

Tekken

#3 desiguru1

desiguru1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

i solved the problem yeee it think it was ASUS Network iControl utilities was causing the problem soon i as i turned off net working fine after reboot thanks for the help anyway

Edited by desiguru1, 16 September 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

So this feature is a network bandwith controller...taken from ASUS site.

Real-time Network Bandwidth Control
With a single-click on/off button, the application currently in use has its data and network bandwidth prioritized over other programs. Moreover, you can prioritize your favorite software easily by configuring profiles through the intuitive user interface

Glad you found the solution afterwards. This feature is not beneficial to all users eventually. :) Thanks for sharing your solution.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users