Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mal-ware take over

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 firemanjonny

firemanjonny

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

ready for removal, I think?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hello firemanjonny,

My name is Cody and I'll be helping you clean up your computer.

I will reply as soon as possible (typically within 24 hours). In turn, I ask that you please respond within 72 hours. If you know you will be away longer than that, I just ask for notice ahead of time.

Some points for you to keep in mind:

• Do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.
    • We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
  • Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
    • It's simply easier for me to analyze logs in this format.
  • Provide feedback about your experience as we go.
    • Every post you make, please describe in detail how the computer is behaving. "The same" is not detailed enough. If you have any questions at any point, feel free to ask.

NOTE: When you post your reply, do not use the Posted Image button but use the Posted Image button instead.

In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the Posted Image button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.

NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.

NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#3 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hello firemanjonny,

Please perform another scan using DDS and include it in your next reply instead of attaching it, as well as the other information I asked for in my first post (especially a specific description of the problem(s) you're experiencing).

Edited by TheShooter93, 16 September 2012 - 05:59 PM.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#4 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

firemanjonny,

It's been at least 72 hours since your last post. Are you still there?

If you need more time, let me know.

If you don't, this thread will be closed in 48 hours due to inactivity.

Edited by TheShooter93, 18 September 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#5 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users