Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Defogger does not exit at end

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 David Balažic

David Balažic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

Hi!

This two guides (Preparation Guide... and Why we request you disable CD Emulation...) say about Defogger:

When the program has completed you will see a Finished! message. Click on the OK button to exit the program.

But after clicking OK in that dialog, the main (the first) program window stays on the screen (the one with the Disable and Re-enable buttons).

In the case when it requests a reboot, this is more or less irrelevant, but when not it is a bit confusing. When I want to re-enable the CD emulation software, can I use the already running Defogger or should I start (and even download) a new instance, as per the instructions? If yes, should I first close the first one?

Regards,
David

Edit: Moved topic from Tutorials to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,068 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

If you are unable to complete any steps in the prep guides, you can skip it and move on. Just include a notation what steps you were unable to complete in the body of your topic.

In the case when it requests a reboot, this is more or less irrelevant, but when not it is a bit confusing. When I want to re-enable the CD emulation software, can I use the already running Defogger or should I start (and even download) a new instance, as per the instructions? If yes, should I first close the first one?

It doesn't matter at this time. You can discuss this with your Malware Removal helper when you complete your clean up.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users