Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq IJ600 printer problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 333nnn

333nnn

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

I own a Compaq IJ600 that is at least ten years old. I replaced both printer cartridges a couple weeks ago with used or refurbished ones. When I try to print a page I get a message saying that there is something wrong with the cartridges and one possible solution was to clean them. I have been able to print with these cartridges with at least decent quality until now. I cleaned both the surfaces of each cartridge and where the surfaces meet with the printer. Now when I turn the printer on both the power light and paper feed light flash constantly. I left the printer unplugged for a while and reconnected the power, but both lights are still flashing, and the printer does nothing. Also, when it was printing I would get a message every time that I tried to print saying that one or more of the cartridges had been replaced and to print a test page to align the printing although I have already done this with these new cartridges. I don't have the printer software disc with me. It's in storage hundreds of miles away. Thanks for any replies.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

If your trying to reinstall the software drivers basing on CDs you have mentioned, the online drivers are available Here. It may or may not guarantee to fix your problem regarding the replaced cartridges. Good luck.

Tekken

#3 333nnn

333nnn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

My operating system is XP Home which is not listed as an option for downloading the drivers on the site you suggested. Is uninstalling then installing the printer software the best chance of solving these printer problems? Thanks.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

Yes, unless its a hardware problem it would resolve the problem. That printer you have looks just like my Lexmark inkjet printer. I would also start saving for another printer just in case.

Tekken

#5 333nnn

333nnn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'm pretty sure it is a Lexmark that was sold by Compaq. It takes Lexmark ink cartridges. XP Home o/s is not listed for the drivers on the site you suggested, so which driver should I download? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users