Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Physical Memory hitting 96%

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

Hi Folks,

I've a feeling this may be something to do with windows explorer, or windows indexing -

Latelly, I copied a number of high def movie rips from an external hard-disc to my laptop, to play through my TV via HDMI.

I'm running windows 7 and have 4 gig of ram, an in spite of running very few other applications in the background, when i play one of the movies, the physical memory of my computer hits 96% and stays there.

The movie then occasionally becomes sluggish, and freezes, and any attempt to close windows etc cause the computer to lock up completely and when i try to hit Ctrl, Alt and Del to use task manager - the computer dies a death altogether.

All through this, at the top of the window containing the high def file, the green ribbon/loading bar seems to be struggling to complete.

If i do have the task manager open, I can see that the physical memory is all but maxed out, but yet there is nothing showing in the processes list that is particularly resource heavy.

I'm sure this makes sense to someone, but would love to understand this little glitch better myself.

Many thanks,

Rob
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users