Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does This Software Exist?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chuckrox8

Chuckrox8

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:30 PM

Maybe I'm just dreaming but: Is there any software that allows you to fully automate your internet browser or another program on your computer like this. Like suppose I want to log into a website at a certain time ad have my password entered in and let it run for a certain amount of time. Like you would be able to train the software to move the mouse and click where you would want it to when scheduled?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phantazy

phantazy

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:19 PM

Short of setting your browser homepage on start up, not that I know of.

On second thoughts Avant browser allows you to open on the last used URL, but you have to have that set as the last logon.

Mod Note: Please do not double post. There is an edit button. Thanks.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:25 PM

Sure.. people try to use it with online games all of the time in order to cinduct menial task and build their stats (which is really cheating), some people use it to generate revenue by clicking on ads (which is cheating)... umm, that's about the only reasons I can think of wanting to do something like that. Unless you want to make it look like you are somewhere that you are not, which just can't be good.

At any rate, I know of some possibilities, but I'm not really willing to share them unless I know a little more about what you are trying to accomplish. If it is to cheat, or to try and circumvent security measures, then you will have to go elsewhere. If you can convince me that here is a legitimate reason for doing so, I may be able to help you out (but I am really cynical, and can smell bullzhit a mile away).

#4 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:44 AM

"If you can convince me that here is a legitimate reason for doing so, I may be able to help you out (but I am really cynical, and can smell bullbleep a mile away)."

I agree about being skeptical.
I have seen a lot of posts in forums about "lost" CDs & product keys,etc..

Anyway,I do have a reason for wanting to automate a process.
If you have a way to get it accomplished,you can send me a private message with the needed information.

I use Gmail & Yahoo mail.
At Gmail I can just click the form textarea where my login goes & Windows will paste my user name & password in & I log in.

At Yahoo,it is annoying because they have the code written so Windows can't remember your password.
Sometimes I have to login more than once a day also...
Security is good,but this is a pain.

I check my mail there right after I start up my computer in the morning.
At Yahoo the code sets the cursor to blinking in the password textarea automatically.

I am thinking,if there was a way to write a small program to automatically type in my Yahoo password when the Yahoo mail login window opened - (with a few seconds delay to allow the cursor to activate in the password textarea) - ;it would be nice.
Then I could just click the login button without having to put down the mouse & get the keyboard.
This would happen while I was at the computer.

I don't have my homepage set to Yahoo mail.
But,here is another idea.
After I would turn on my computer,it would open my homepage & open Yahoo mail & automatically enter my password.
I think having it to automatically press the enter key after doing so would be asking too much,but would be a nice touch.
I could turn it on,walk away,come back & I would be looking at my inbox.

I am sure something like this could be done by a code writing expert.
I am not an expert.
I know a little HTML & CSS.
That's about it.
I don't even write that to strict standards.

I've tried to figure it out myself but have not gotten anywhere.
Maybe a batch file set to run at startup?

Yahoo could change the way you log in,but I doubt it...

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:46 AM

Then whatr you really wanti s a program to automatically fill in forms for you, and those can be found by doing a search for something like automatically filling forms in IE and see what you find. You will probably have to click one button in the toolbar, but it is still better than having to fill in the entire form.

#6 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:04 PM

I found http://www.roboform.com/

It does what I want.
It said on the download page it was completely free if you had 10 or less logins saved to it.
It also said something about a 30 day limit.
They weren't very clear about that.
I'll find out 30 days from now.
See a SCREEN SHOT

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

#7 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:29 PM

It said on the download page it was completely free if you had 10 or less logins saved to it.
It also said something about a 30 day limit.
They weren't very clear about that.
I'll find out 30 days from now.

A lot of software comes with a 30 day trial, and then you must purchase in order for it to continue to function. My favorite line is "FREE DOWNLOAD". Well, ok, the DOWNLOAD is free, but the software costs money - eventually!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#8 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:04 AM

If you downloaded the freeware version (10 or less), it stays free.
If you downloaded the shareware version it will shut down in ten days unless you pay for it and enter the lic number they send you.

By the way - it is great software and well worth the money.

If you don't care about security there are several other password managers available for free, but I personally use roboform.

Edited by Enthusiast, 18 March 2006 - 06:05 AM.

#9 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2006 - 07:04 AM

If you downloaded the freeware version (10 or less), it stays free.
If you downloaded the shareware version it will shut down in ten days unless you pay for it and enter the lic number they send you.

By the way - it is great software and well worth the money.

If you don't care about security there are several other password managers available for free, but I personally use roboform.

See picture below--
It says free version,but the 0 days thing threw me off...

Posted Image

I like it.
You can turn off the toolbar until you need it,among other good features.
Yep,this is a good program.
I might go ahead & buy the other version.
I seldom buy software.
I think this one would be worth the money. :thumbsup:

#10 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2006 - 07:39 AM

It is one of few that is worth it.

It can even generate and store safe passwords for you "Generate" then accessed by one password within Roboform, and it is encripted and safe.

You can also get an alroboform extention so you can use it on Firefox.

Now, that won't automate your browser - but it will automate your signin.

You can also get a Yahoo mail notifier to go in your taskbar so you know if you have mail there.

If you get Yahoo premium you can access it through pop3 (your regular email program) or switch to gmail and get that option for free, and that can be automatically downloaded through Outlook, Outlook Express or most of the other email clients.

Edited by Enthusiast, 18 March 2006 - 07:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users