Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer 5050 question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MalwareMutilator

MalwareMutilator

• Members
  • 931 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire 5050-5430 that I would like to give to a friend who doesn't have much money. Problem is that it has a broken DC jack. I have removed EVERY blasted screw that I can find, and I have even scratched on the aluminum foil covering the bottom to find any possible hidden screws. I also removed the battery, the CD, the hard drive, and everything else that could interfere, but I simply cannot get the bottom off to replace the jack.

I realize this is a tough problem to fix without seeing the unit, but perhaps some of you have seen a unit like this before. I've researched this on the web, and a few people have said a “case cracker” may be needed??????? Any thoughts?

Thank you, :thumbup2:

George

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

Hi
This is a link to the Acer 5050 service manual. As far as I know it is safe. I would save the PDF to your desktop just for easier reference.
go to the Machine Disassembly and replacement section.

That should help you with your problem.

No case cracker needed. Where they got that I do not know.
Just follow the directions. I also use a empty egg carton as compartments to keep the screws organized.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 MalwareMutilator

MalwareMutilator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 931 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

Thank you, Roger,

I'll give it a try and let you know the outcome. :thumbsup:

George

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Just a reminder, Be careful of the connectors they are delicate.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users