Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alfa AWUS036NH Wireless adapter with Wins XP will not connect to networks EVER

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pokerprick

pokerprick

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

Since I have owned this adapter I cannot get this adapter to connect to any network that it sees. Alfa AWUS036NH Wireless adapter, It's great in that it sees three times as many networks as my internal Atheros. When I go to "view available wireless networks" and I choose one and then click connect, it tells me its connecting, but when it stops the highlighted network says "not connected" and at the bottom of window it no longer says connect but disconnect. In reality it is not connected, no internet access. In device manager it sees the adapter and no
error code or no yellow !. Properties say device is working properly. But it has NEVER connected with even one of the many networks that it sees. I have tried every driver, patch or update I could find. I have googled this problem a hundred different ways and cannot fine a fix for this. The adapter works as I have tried it on a linux system and it preformed like a champ.{ever strong adapter}I am using Wins XP service pack 3 on a Toshiba Satellite pro L300. I can't think of any more info I could add to help explain my problem so I guess thats it in a nutshell. Thanks for any and all input, would sure like to get my moneys worth out of this thing seeing as I haven't been able to utilize this device at all yet. LOL. But I know one of you geniuses here with fix me up, you always do. You guys and gals really do great work here. Many thanks. :clapping:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

Can you try using the built-in wireless card for the toshiba laptop first? What happens?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users