Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Low disk space on Win Server 2003 Standerd Edition

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EQUANOX

EQUANOX

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hello,

I don't know If I am in the right forum to solve my Win Server 2003 Standard Edition problem. "Low Disk Space" is what appears on my task bar on the right bottom of the monitor. I have 512 MB of RAM & 40 GB hard drive & all I have is three programs 1.Microsoft Office 2000 2.Skype & 3.Revo Uninstaller. It's an old computer but I would like to have it up & running as a back-up. I have deleted other programs but I still get "Low Disk Space" pop up. I would like to know how to increase the C drive or if there is unecessary hidden information I can delete to get more hard drive space. Can you please help me.

Thank you,

EQUANOX

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sarah Gates

Sarah Gates

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

Windows 2003 is larger than standard windows and depends greatly if you done a lot of windows updates as this increases the standard install size, or your hard drive is partitioned incorrectly and not displaying the full amount.

When you go to my computer and view the C: drive how much total space is reported? About 37GB it should...

#3 The_Outkast

The_Outkast

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

A program I use often to determine what is using up disk space is Tree Size Free

It's simple to use and clearly displays disk usage.

#4 EQUANOX

EQUANOX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hi Sarah & The Outcast,

I have downloaded TreeSize Free and have noticed Total size of my hard drive is 5.85GB, used space is 5.47GB. My D: drive has 4.87GB total size, therefor I think my drive has been partitioned. I would like to increse my C: drive, do you know a partitioning softwre that I can use or is there already a partitioning softwre in Win Server 2003. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks
EQUANOX

#5 The_Outkast

The_Outkast

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

I've used this tool several times with no issues.

My linkhttp://www.partition-magic.org/server-free.html

As with any tool like this, make sure you have a good backup before running it, just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users