Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Wired Connection Through Netgear Router?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 slyblackdragon

slyblackdragon

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hi there. I recently noticed I wasn't getting near the advertised speed from my ISP on my WiFi connection. I am paying for 30Mbps, and on WiFi am only getting around 12Mbps. I found out that my Netgear WGR614v9 wireless g router can't handle that kind of speed. As a work around, I thought I would use one of the ethernet outs on the Netgear to hook up my Xbox 360 and my gaming desktop so that at least those two got the best possible connection. After I did this, I didn't notice an improvement. Using my laptop, I checked the connection speed via ethernet coming out of the modem and it consistently measures at 60Mbps, but the ethernet out of the router only measures at around 12Mbps (no faster than WiFi). Somehow, my connection speed is getting bottlenecked in the router and I have no idea why. I figured 60Mbps in should equal near 60Mbps out when using ethernet, but this isn't the case. What could be wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 easyrider2

easyrider2

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Hi,

it may be worth resetting your router to the factory settings.

Let us know if it worked.

Best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users