Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:28 PM
MMC cannot open the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\dfrg.msc
This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console, or was created by a later version of MMC.
This may also be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1. Click Start > Run Box, type cmd, and then click OK.
2. At the command prompt, type cd %windir%\system32, and then press ENTER.
Note The %Windir% folder is the folder where you installed Microsoft Windows.
3. Type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.
4. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window.
5. Restart the computer. << Important
Method 2: Go to C:\Windows\Inf, right click at dfrg.inf file and select Install.
Do you have a XP CD ?? This mau be needed for the last step ??
Method 3: If the above methods does not help, run the system file checker tool.
You may do a System File Checker (SFC) scan on your computer. SFC tool scans system files and replaces incorrect versions of the system files by using the correct versions.
To run the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, Run Box Type cmd in the Run box.
2. Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
3. At the command prompt, type the following line, and then press ENTER:
If asked for the CD insert it in the tray -
Thank You -