Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error number: 0x80244019

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MFC1982

MFC1982

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hi! This is my first time here at Bleeping Computer. I am having 3 different computer problems: 2 of them are on my desktop computer which has Windows XP & 1 is on my laptop which has Windows 7. Here is the first problem. I want to use Windows Update to upgrade from Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3, but every time I try the update, it says that "the website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view". It also shows it's because of the error number that you see as the title of the post. I've been having this problem for the last week. I am asking for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

You are a couple of years late...to download SP3 via Windows Update...but you can download it manually and install it from your desktop.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24

Louis

#3 MFC1982

MFC1982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Louis, thanks for the link, but my computer is a home edition.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

OK...and...what is the significance of that...when it comes to installing XP SP3?

Don't get confused by the wording on that webpage :), just download it and install it. Webpage wording was develope3d so that most home users would go to the Windows Update site. Well, that option is not available...and this webpage is the one many of us used when we installed SP3.

I should have made that clear earlier, but I've gotten so used to ignoring the webpage wording...all I see is the Download button :).

Louis

#5 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

If that doesnt work try this

upgrade to IE 8

Download

Windows update agent

Save the download to your C drive

Click Start, and then click Run.

Type C:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce and then click OK,install WU agent

Restart the PC and try to update

good luck

#6 MFC1982

MFC1982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

You guys can lock this thread up now. I tried Narenxp's advice & it worked. Not only is Windows Update working, but I also got Service Pack 3 on the desktop computer. Thanks everyone for all your help. That's one computer problem solved.

#7 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

You're welcome :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users