Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best & Cheapest DSL Company?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bgorrah

bgorrah

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

I have AT&T Landline for my phone and AT&T for my DSL. I got my phone bill today and they have raised my DSL up to $25 a month with no notice! Can you tell me how I can go about dropping them? Can you advise me what company I should go with after dropping AT&T? How much do other DSL companies charge? Thank you.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

getting rid of your current DSL company is easy, just call them and cancel.
However finding a different DSL company may be impossible since they have to use the same wires to your house.

You don't say where you are so I have to suggest Google. For example search with dsl provider Mytown Mystate
Replacing Mytown and Mystate with where you live.

Good Luck
Roger

A quick question since the DSL + Phone service is your cost, have you looked into Cable Internet and VOIP to replace the phone service?

Edited by rotor123, 13 September 2012 - 12:42 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

Another resource: http://www.dslreports.com/search

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

I've found that local ISPs provide very good service and prices. I use Sonic.net as my ISP and am quite pleased. I had AT&T (ugh) before them, and the difference is amazing.

#5 bgorrah

bgorrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

roter123, Animal, Andrew...Thanks you all for your great advice and I will follow through on it. Thanks again.
Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

and they have raised my DSL up to $25 a month with no notice!

OK now find me a decent internet company in Victoria Australia - Postcode 3226 - with a good deal like that :lol:
Currently paying about double that and still have not got top service.

Most "local" providers either cost at least as much as bigger ones, or have crappy service .........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users