Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dropped Dell 1525 screen doesn't work and works.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gasmith2

gasmith2

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

I'll be speaking of two different laptops in this post so to clarify:

A. Dell Inspiron 1525 = Broken laptop (screen doesn't work)
B. Dell Inspiron 1525 = Great laptop in working condition

I dropped my Dell Inspiron 1525 A laptop while it was still in the bag and when I turned it on the screen didn't work. I have another working Dell Inspiron 1525 B so I put that working screen into the broken Dell. To my dismay that screen didn't turn on either. I put the screen from A into laptop B and that screen worked fine. So my problem isn't the screen. Everything else on the laptop works fine. I have been hooking it up and using it through the TV.

I thought some dust may have gotten in the connection that the screen attaches to on the motherboard so I blew it out, then connected it. I hooked A up to the TV and both the TV and the screen from laptop A were working! I shut down the comp and unplugged it from the TV, then turned it on. Unfortunately, the screen didn't turn on. I'm not sure what to do now.

What are your suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wooshie

Wooshie

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

Could be LCD ribbon cable or screen inverter. Make sure the ribbon cable on the screen is plugged in securly.

#3 gasmith2

gasmith2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

It isn't the inverter or the cable because both of those work fine on the working B computer.

Edited by gasmith2, 14 September 2012 - 06:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users