Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire touch Z5801 WIN7 64 bit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pollyparrot

pollyparrot

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

Hi hope someone can help.

Back in april we got said computer. I have had to do a factory restore twice due to performance issues and getting blue screen of death. I am fully updated with windows updates, avast, MBAM, ccleaner and sandboxie. We dont really use it for anything other than games(kids) and surfing the net.

Today for no apparant reason i got the blue screen of death again and windows could not boot properly and i had to use the sytem restore feature before boot up. It appears to have worked(im here!) but why does it do this? Im fed up, 2 factory restores in 6 months is not good!

Recently I went through virus checks on here using combofix etc and it was clean, so i dont think there is anyhting nasty lurking in the system.

Advice please, before I convert to a typewriter lol
"Only two things are infinite:The Universe and human stupidity. And I am not so sure about the former."-Einstein

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

What is wrong with your system...today, right now?

Reference to your malware topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic467116.html/page__p__2826015__fromsearch__1#entry2826015 .

FWIW: The fact that your system was clean...IMO, means nothing, since you restored to factory defaults previously...which would have erased most malware present on the system. I say "most" since there are some forms of malware (such as the mentioned possible router infection) that are not affected by a restore to factory defaults.

Louis

#3 pollyparrot

pollyparrot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Just the blue screen thing today and it took a while to repair it, but the last 2 times it did this, and then the screen thing happened more and more frequently until when I scanned with something suggested on another forum loads of errors were coming up and they told me to factory restore it :( (this was before i found this forum)

Sometimes when I ask a programme to open such as MBAM the whole screen goes totally black for a few seconds before it does anything. When I managed to repair it, MBAM was corrupt or something because I had to do a fresh install even though it was working before( i say fresh install, control panel would not let me remove it, I downloaded the setup file and ran it, this seemed to repair the programme)

What can i do about the router? I reset it as advised on thread. It has a strong password.

I am just miffed because it is still pretty new and cant understand why it is going wrong?

Thanks for any advice :)

ETA I do have a macrium reflect back up if needed but i would really rather not have to do this every month!

Edited by pollyparrot, 13 September 2012 - 11:18 AM.

"Only two things are infinite:The Universe and human stupidity. And I am not so sure about the former."-Einstein

#4 589661

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

Cold be a hardware issue that is causing this bsod. Do you have any means to run a diagnostic on the machine. I personally have PC doctor, but not everyone does. if not you might be able to find a freeware to do pretty much the same thing to test the hardware. maybe someone else here can inform us of a freeware solution. I will look in the mean time to try to find a program that can help. but in the mean time you might want to check in the startup of the computer if there is an option to run diagnostics on the harddrive and or ram memory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users