Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With My Linksys Wireless Usb Adapter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Carbs

Carbs

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:23 PM

Recently I have been having problems with my wireless card loosing its connection to my network every time I either put a CD in my drive or just simply plug something into one of my USB ports. Nothing else is affected but the wireless adapter and I have tried using a different one from another computer of mine and the same thing happends.
Anybody know what’s wrong?
Here are my specs:
ASUS P4800SE mobo with latest Bios
Pentium 4 3.0
2 Gigs of DDR400
Antic smartpower 400watt
6800GT AGP
NEC DVD Burner
LG DVD Burner
Sony Floppy drive

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:48 PM

Open the device manager and see if there are any yellow or red warning marks in especially in the optical drives, usb ports and adapters and ethernet adapters.

If there are, delete the devices and let Windows reinstall them.

#3 Carbs

Carbs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:29 PM

As far as looking in the device manager it says everthing is working correctly.

#4 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:31 PM

Hello, I was having the same problems with mine, and I had two suggestions offered: Try changing the channel from the router, or go with PCI adapters (usb is less stable then the pci version).

HTH

-Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users