Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing windows 8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hi all,I have a question seeing as how I am not to puter savvy.I run Windows7 but I have a 30gig partition available.Is it ok for me to dual boot so I can try windows 8,thanx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

you sure can ,just be sure you direct it to the correct partition when you boot to the win8 dvd you have ,don't try installing it from within win7 .check link for more info ,might even want to back of your personal data like pics and music and documents .just to be safe .

this one is likely the best of the list .

http://www.winsupersite.com/article/windows8/windows-8-consumer-preview-dual-boot-windows-7-142631

https://www.google.ca/search?q=dual+boot+win7+and+win8&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Edited by caperjac, 12 September 2012 - 05:10 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Plumber

Plumber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Thanx for the response,I have dual booted before but will make sure I have the correct partition.

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

good luck ,i have it install as my main OS right now and rally enjoy using it for the most part it not much different than win7 ,the new start screen is the biggest change

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#5 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

Or you could install it on a VHD with no need to make another partition - Here's how.
SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users