Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Files and Active Torrents Disappeared

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure where to post this one, so forgive me if its in the wrong section.

I'm currently running windows 7.

I was midway through downloading something using uTorrent - a number of legal recordings i might add, and last night i was mid way through download, i shut down my laptop, and today when i start it up - the torrents have been completely removed from my download list. All bar one.

The files i had been downloading - one of which i had been watching last night, have also been removed from my laptop.

There is nobody else using this laptop, or who has access ( that i know of )

Is there any possible reason why all traces of a download would have been deleted and removed ?

I feel stupid for even asking, because it makes entirely no sense to me.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Rob.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

There is a possibility of you downloading infected files through torrent and your antivirus removing them. It is very common for the torrents to be infected.
Did you check your antivirus log?

#3 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for the reply romeo ...

I think i might have found out why this happened ...

I deleted the .torrent file from my download folder pertaining to the active download.

Even though the active download contained several files, which may have been completed, would deleting this file cause the torrent not to load next time i launch the torrent downloader ??

Thanks again,

Rob
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users