Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This Loss of Focus Crap Is Getting Old...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sardonicus

Sardonicus

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

This is seriously getting old. Does anyone know of a hack or program or ANYTHING for Windows 7 Home Premium that FORCES ALL programs to NOT EVER steal the window focus? I read somewhere that Microsoft says they can't do it and that the software devs have the right to steal the focus blah blah blah bullbleep and that they just ask them to not do it and they can't help it if they don't comply. I don't know the validity of that, but it's stupid either way.

I NEVER have had any program ever that NEEDED to steal the focus for any reason at all, but I have had several projects I was working on ruined or other screw ups when a program decided to steal the focus in the middle of me typing and then causing me to accidentally accept something I didn't wish to. Literally EVERY program I have refuses to minimise or start minimised. If I minimise it, and it's working, it'll bring itself back up on top for NO reason.

There used to be that registry change but it doesn't work at all (I don't think it has worked since XP...)
Kyle Sardonicus Amadeus Stanfield
Writer, Philosopher, Composer/Musician, Artist
Comprehensive Psychology Major, Troy University
www.impetus-aesthetica.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 djm1966

djm1966

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

I have an HP Pavilion dv7-6c80us Entertainment PC that I got in April and have recently been having this and other issues, too. So an answer would be great.

HP pushed through a driver update not long ago and it has been crazy since.

Really... Help

#3 Sardonicus

Sardonicus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

Well there only was one solution I know of, but it is equally as annoying. They have this program that essentially forces whatever window you choose to always be on top. The problem is that I switch windows a lot and it's even more annoying to have to "un-stick" the one window to "stick" the next one.

There's also the suggestion I've seen before of setting the options in Windows 7 to bring to the front whatever window your pointer is hovering over, but it does not work very well and if your pointer happens to be right where the new program comes up, then you're definitely stuck on the one that came up.
Kyle Sardonicus Amadeus Stanfield
Writer, Philosopher, Composer/Musician, Artist
Comprehensive Psychology Major, Troy University
www.impetus-aesthetica.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users