Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power supply issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zone22

zone22

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

OCZ ModXStream Pro Power Supply - 700-Watt
Processor: i5 2500k @ 3.5 Stock
Motherboard SUS|P8P67 (REV 3.0)
Heatsink: cooler master hyper 212 plus
8 GB of RAM (Past Memtest86+ 12 passes)Stock
Case:CASE CM|RC-692-KKN2 ADVANCED RT with 4 fans
Two 320 GB hard drives in raid
Nvidia 670 Factory overclocked New
old 8800gtx Stock

For about a year now I have had problems with the computer freezing and random blue screens. It didn't matter if the computer was running Windows office or prime 95.
I sent the motherboard in for repair and they updated the bios(which was already up-to-date)And reapplied the heatsinks to the board. Basically what this says to me as they found nothing wrong but had to put something down the paper to say they did something. I received my motherboard yesterday and installed everything. when I booted it up it crashed at the window screen not a blue screen. When it rebooted Nvidia showed a warning message about the graphics card not receiving enough power.

The logical assumption is assume that the power supply is failing. Do you think I'm correct my assumptions and does anyone know of a reliable power supply comparable to the one I posted? No more then 70$
Thank you for your time!

Edited by zone22, 12 September 2012 - 04:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

hi, it could be failing,something they are all capable of going bad/weak ,you could use a multimeter to make sure the correct voltage is coming from the plug's ,are you sure you plugged the power connector into the video card

Edited by caperjac, 12 September 2012 - 06:11 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 The Warrior

The Warrior

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

I always prefer corsair PSU over any other brand .
They are the most reliable brand for PSU.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

Well I looked at the user reviews @ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018
and they did not look that good to me.

Cons: Died after 4 months. Call me lucky, but I've never owned a computer part that has lasted that short.

Cons: Where do I start?
Purchased Nov 2010
Failed Apr 2011
2nd PSU from OCZ (other 600w) to fail less than year of age.
Have to pay shipping to RMA, Approx $15 US

Pros: Good power supply when it works.
Long cables with plenty of connectors.

Cons: APPALLING warranty service!

Cons: Failed after less than 23 months of use. With the price, I expect better value.

That is four out of the first seven I looked at.

So given the warning from the video card about insufficient power I would say that the Power supply is going bad.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 14 September 2012 - 05:04 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users