Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disable "Customize..."button in Start Menu Properties

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lolcats

lolcats

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

I have several computers what I am setting up for a school that does not have a domain.
They all run Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 and the kids will all be using a Standard User account.
I am trying to lock down the computers so the kids can't re-enable features I have disabled like the webcam and Skype.
I have used the "Customize..." button in Taskbar and Start Menu Properties to hide Control Panels, etc...
I would like to now disable the "Customize..." button so my changes cannot be undone.
I think I should be able to do this through the registry, I just don't know the proper keys.
Additionally, I'm open to any suggestions regarding anything else that should be disabled, or any other means of accomplishing what I"m trying to do.
Thanks.

Edited by lolcats, 12 September 2012 - 11:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users