Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-l6334 is not reconize by my computer anymore

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pokerprick

pokerprick

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

I am running Wins XP on a Toshiba Satellite pro. My dvd player- TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-l6334 has been working for awhile now, but recently my computer doesn't even see it when I click on My Computer. It's not listed in available drives. Device manager says it cannot load drivers, may be corrupt. Code 39. I have searched and searched for drivers that will make it work again but to no avail. I have ran numerous scans as I was told that it may be a malware problem. Really need help. Thankyou in advance for any and all input

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

Run this fixit

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9740811

Restart the PC

good luck

#3 pokerprick

pokerprick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

Thank you for reply. Ran the fixit, it says that device cannot be located. It recommended to unplug power source... and restart. Which I did, I still have same issue. I guess its telling me my drive is bad huh? I will wait for your input and thanks again.

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

Download

http://www.aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip

Extract and launch the registry key and click YES

Restart the PC and see if that helps

good luck

#5 pokerprick

pokerprick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

Sorry to say device manager says same thing no change. I cant even see a screw to remove drive on outside of case. I will have to remove keyboard. Any ideas before I disassemble.

#6 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

what is the error code now?

when did this issue start?

#7 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

With the make and model or model part number and should be able to help you find the screw to remove the drive. For example on my Sat Pro S300... the removal screw is on the bottom. One quick question when you hit the eject button does the drive open?

If it opens that means it is getting power.

This Toshiba solution should be the same fix as the Microsoft one by narenxp. On the other hand it couldn't hurt.
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/bulletin.jsp?ct=SB&soid=445782&ref=EV

Issue:

If CD / DVD burning or audio recording software is un-installed from the computer, the CD drive or DVD drive may no longer appear in the list of drives in 'My Computer' (Windows Explorer), and the drive may become inaccessible to Windows applications.

Other symptoms may include the following error messages from Device Manager (Windows Control Panel):

"The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (code 31)"
"A driver for this device was not required, and has been disabled (code 32 or code 31)."
"Your registry might be corrupted (code 19)."
"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (code 41)"
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39)"

TSST corp cddvdw TS-L6334 missing http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Computer-Troubleshooting/TSST-corp-cddvdw-TS-L6334-missing/td-p/199210
Where the link above came from.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#8 pokerprick

pokerprick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

Thanks for input guys, but it ended up being the drive itself. Had to take keyboard off to access the set screw to release drive ,not as hard as I thought it would be. Never done one and it was pretty simple once I found out where the screws were. But really appreciate your help. Now I have a really good problem for ya, I am posting in external hardware if you would be nice enough to check out and offer advice. It will be under same user name , haven't written as of yet that's next so title should be something like "Alfa AWUS036NH will not connect..." just look for pokerprick.Cheers

#9 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

Thanks for posting the resolution of the problem.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users