Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UAC requesting permission to run programs that don't need permission.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow Wizard

Shadow Wizard

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:11 AM

I have 2 programs on two seperate computers where UAC comes up and asks me if I wish to run the programs. These programs do not require administrator rights (Truecrypt and iSpy) and the check beside "Run program as administrator" is not checked in either the shortcut or the actual executable file. Can someone shed some light on this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hi -
2 quick questions -
Have the programs been updated in any way, and do you see the UAC Shield beside / on the desktop icons ??

Thanks -

#3 luke127

luke127

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:00 AM

I have 2 programs on two seperate computers where UAC comes up and asks me if I wish to run the programs. These programs do not require administrator rights (Truecrypt and iSpy) and the check beside "Run program as administrator" is not checked in either the shortcut or the actual executable file. Can someone shed some light on this?

If you haven't actually installed truecrypt onto the PC then it will bring up UAC. However if it's installed then it shouldn't be an issue. If you run Truecrypt as an admin it screws with the container creation process. I know because I have done it. But if you run it from a USB or an external drive then it requires UAC to be approved. Just so that it can run correctly.

Edited by luke127, 12 September 2012 - 05:01 AM.

#4 Shadow Wizard

Shadow Wizard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

OKay, but what about iSpy? I does not need administrator rights; well it didn't when I first installed it. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users