Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rankings On Searh Engine

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

I have completed a website for a company : http://www.quality-building-maintenance.com/

I am severely disappointed in my performance with Seo. I have read Google's Seo guide sheet.

How ever I still have not been able to make his website rank in the page after I type in the company name ( Quality Building Maintenance )

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=quality+building+maintenance&oq=qua&gs_l=hp.3.0.35i39l2j0l8.832.2395.1.4075.5.4.1.0.0.0.888.2994.5-2j2.4.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.X8A0FqpAffk&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=23a9f1576600a464&biw=1440&bih=791

There is another website with the same name and they rank. After research I have found out that I am not in the Google Blacklist.

What can I do to improve my Rankings so at least the domain comes up when typing the company name?

Thank-you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

I'd be starting with content (text), there really isn't that much in the website, I have read (can't remember where) that it is recommended to have 400+ words on a landing page/home page and 200+ on other pages. The content should also be updated regularly. I have been looking at a lot of the SEO courses on www.udemy.com which are very good (and some free).

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

The site is nicely laid out. I agree with KamakaZ though. Google like fresh content.

Even if you created a small blog as part of the site that discussed your janitorial services, or educates your clients as to what each service means could help.

#4 JustGoThere

JustGoThere

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

You need some additional time online for sure at the very least... the domain was registered on "08-Aug-12" and you expect to be ranking in 4 weeks? Is that correct? how long has the site been online? 2-3 weeks? That's just not enough time. Think in the 4-6 month range especially for Google.

If you're attempting to rank for "janitorial cleaning services" you seriously need to review your content... why a page title of "quality building maintanence"? what does that have to do with "janitorial services"?

Content needs to be constructed around the term, you cant just add a term to a page "somewhere" and think that's going to tip the scales in your favor... the page needs to be about your term(s)...

an example: All the Alt-Text about "services for quality building maintenance" on the pages does nothing towards your janitorial concept... you're giving mixed signals to the search engines... unless you're going for "building maintenance" and not "janitorial services" as a term...

"or educates your clients as to what each service means could help" (From Bleep Bleep!)

that's a huge clue... If you wanted your 10 year old to learn about a particular subject... then this is the website you would send them to... consider that point when creating your site...it's a recipe for success with Google...AUTHORITY of a subject

I'm not trying to beat you up over this, sorry if it sounds that way, just trying to get your mind going in the correct direction...
Best of luck!!! :thumbup2:

JGT

#5 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

Thank-you guys for your input.

I was not expecting to come up under janitorial services.
I was hoping to "rank" in the first page under Quality Building Maintenance

As this is the name of the company. So when a customer types that in the search query it will be clear to google bot and other search engines
to include the name.

I will add more content to these pages with the right information that pertains to this field.

I appreciate your guys input! :busy:

#6 ChelseaWoolf

ChelseaWoolf

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

Just advertising relevant content and updaye your content regularly and do a links worthy site improve you ranking in search engine.

#7 ajeshg

ajeshg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:46 AM

Hello,

Recent Updates from Google , the Panda always looks for fresh and Quality content. And from your web site I can understand you have less quality content added to your web site. If you cannot edit any of your pages to add fresh content try to add a blog in web site and create quality content

The penguin algorithm, always search for worthy non spamming links coming to web site. You must identity spamming links and spammy keywords that are coming to your web site and clear it. You can use Google disavow link tool to remove spammy links detected.

Another Complex algorithm Hummingbird introduced by Google on September 2013, looks for artificial intelligence, semantic analysis, and an underlying understanding of language in web site again affects 90% searched word wide. You should Optimize your web site for adopting these changes. 

Social Media is the key factors in generating traffic to your web site, once you put relevant content to your social media channels people will share/follow/pin it and Google gives credit to this, especially Google+ content always has its priority. 

#8 Wamill

Wamill

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

I think there are some niche that are really hard to rank. My website is also not ranking when company name is searched and it is very unique. My social profiles are even ranking higher than my website which is unusual.

#9 TonyinTexas

TonyinTexas

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

Wow  Until I read this thread I had not truly appreciated the power of what I know to do to  rank my clients websites. I am a Wordpress Ninja  but your site is not on that platform so only about half of what I could offer I will offer here for your success.

1. People search for solutions to their problems  They will not serch your company name usually.  You have named your company by a key search term so you get points for that. They will search for the kinds of services they need. Yuo need t ohave a page for each of the services you offer.

2.  google search is all about local.  Your title tag and H1 tag need to have the keywords you want to be ranking for PLUS  the area that you are serving.

3. Put a video on your home page about building maintenance. If you do not have one check out animoto.com and make one to put on your site

4. Put an outbound link to an authority site like wikipedia or ask.com about your niche.

5. SEO  is about backlinks.  Do some research about getting backlinks for your site look at social links using onlywire.com

6. Pages linked to each other  help the ranking  search "silo sites"  to learn this secret.

7. Get social media going for your business and add those icons and links to your site.

Like I said  you don't use Wordpress so this is only half of what I do to take over any niche.

Send me any questions you might have I will help.  There are actually marketers I know that make sites  just to get cutomers to call businesses like yours from the sites they make. One  has made it a 6 figure living starting from concrete polishing four years ago.

Edited by McAllenMobile, 03 April 2014 - 09:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users